March 14, 2011

Fundraising Progress

The task of raising $2500 seemed daunting at first (especially when donations were few with the initial launch of my Facebook fund raising campaign). However, over the past two weeks I have been amazed by how fast donations add up.  I am very appreciative to everyone who has donated to our community organizations in Uganda thus far. Thank you for your generosity!

So far I have received contributions totaling $540. This means that YOUR DONATIONS have helped me successfully raise the mandatory $500 as a sign of my commitment to CVAP. This money goes directly to the community organizations I will be working with in Gulu, including The Aids Support Organization (TASO), SOS Children’s Villages,  St. Jude Children’s Home, and SOM (a local community program for agricultural, spiritual, economic, and health empowerment). 

This leaves a remaining $1960 to be raised but I am confident that with YOUR HELP I will reach my target. 

Thank you all once again!

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to help you plan a benefit over the summer for this!
    Congrats on all your efforts melissa! mad love
    - Ev

    ReplyDelete